The EU has set out a plan that aims at increasing the use of private finance for the financing of social infrastructures. At a time when public funding for affordable housing tends to be limited, discussing about and with private investors on how to channel funds into the social housing sector seems relevant and timely.
Housing Europe and DELPHIS join forces for a practical workshop aiming at presenting the results of the initiatives taken by social housing providers to improve their way of reporting the financial and non-financial impact of their activities. The discussion is also about how to unlock the potential of private finance as a way to fund the activities of social housing providers. The role of private finance is potentially relevant for urban projects but also in relation to provision of health and social services.
List of topics to be discussed – Agenda with speakers to be announced soon
- The context: EU action plan on sustainable finance and the Directive on non-financial reporting
- Presentation of the label on sustainable social housing.
- First results of the test phase in France
- Relationship with sustainable private finance: articulation with rating agencies
- Q&A with the audience
- Conclusions and next steps