All stakeholders will meet for an opening ceremony bringing on stage a new international alliance, in favour of a renewal of social housing, which makes it a priority in addressing the key issues of our time: a planet for tomorrow, a city for all, a home for everyone.
The organizers and their partners will be happy to welcome and celebrate along with…
- UN Special Rapporteur on Adequate Housing, Leïlani Farha
- Representatives of major Cities including Amsterdam, Milan, Barcelona, Helsinki and others
- National and international institutions such as the European Investment Bank (EIB), the Council of Europe Development Bank (CEB), Banque des Territoires and Action Logement
and of course with representatives of social housing providers: Anders Lgo, Director of the Swedish Cooperative Housing Association (HSB), Jean-Louis Dumont, President of Union Sociale pour l’ Habitat, Marianne Louis, Director of Union Sociale pour l’ Habitat.
The ceremony will be moderated by Lise Pederson, journalist, who will be joined by Cédric van Styvendael, President of Housing Europe.
The day will unfold in various milestones:
- Handover from the 2017 edition of the Festival in Amsterdam to the 2019 in Lyon
- Exclusive screening of excerpts from the internationally acclaimed film ‘The PUSH’
- The launch of the Festival Manifesto ‘The Lyon commitment: For a society of affordable housing’ and the official opening of the call for support
- 2 round table debates
- ‘Cities facing the need for affordable housing’
- ‘What resources to face the challenge?’
A small reception will follow the opening ceremony ahead of the evening part that will include the preview of the short films in competition for the 7th edition of “Hlm sur cour (t)”, organized by Union Sociale pour l’ Habitat. Read more and register separately to attend this part.
The film ‘The PUSH’ will be screened in full on Thursday, June 6th at 14.00 at the cinema Le Comoedia. Find out more
Warning! For safety reasons luggage may not be brought into The Bourse du Travail.